Monday, June 20, 2005

Busy, busy

Why is it that everyone in town is throwing a party on certain days?

This past Saturday was one of those days. By the time I placed entertainers for all of the parties I was handling five events for the day. There were two company picnics, two high school graduation parties, and a Bat Mitzvah celebration. Just the kind of mix you expect to see at this point in June.

Interestingly enough, all but one made their arrangements with me in three weeks or less. In one case, we didn't have things finalized until the day before the event. By the time the week wound up I felt so crazed, I was questioning the wisdom of accepting bookings on very short notice.

I was the Tarot reader at a picnic held in Wilmington for a law firm. The guests were wonderfully open to receiving readings. In fact, I read the children of a couple of the guests (with their parents present - something I encourage).

To me the consulting the Tarot is like sitting down with a wise friend who knows you well. The advice and their prognostications is on-target. Not because your friend possesses any special powers. But because your friend knows you so well.

From there I went to Lindsey Mararchi's high school graduation party. You couldn't miss it. A tent was perched on the lawn, balloons festooned the entrance, and lots of people already enjoying the party by the time I arrived. Music was privided by a wonderful DJ by the name of Ryan. He was both personable and kept the people dancing.

Here it was caricatures. Once I set up, drawings went on non-stop until the bitter end at 10:30.

By the way, if you are planning an event for July 16, know that it is another one of those days where it seems that everyone in town seems to be throwing a party. Hopefully you already know. Because you have an invite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home