Saturday, May 07, 2005

Last Minute Bookings

Sometimes last minute bookings are unavoidable.

I performed at a family party held at a lovely restaurant. The purpose was to honor an ill family member. He had just received a poor diagnosis from his physician. His family prepared the bash as a way to say good-bye in style.

Entertainment included several Philadelphia Mummers. The guest of honor was a big fan of Mummers' pageantry and music.

And I was recruited to draw caricatures.

An agent contacted me on a Friday for this event to be held on the following Sunday afternoon.

As is typical for many events arranged by agents, I wasn't told about the reason behind the family's decision to have the party nor their hasty arrangements. But when I arrived and met the family, I was very happy that I found a way to rearrange my plns to accommodate the event.

Last night I entertained at a happier occasion. I read Tarot cards for the guest of honor at her Sweet 16 party and her friends.

The original contact was made two days in advance. We didn't finalize arrangements until the afternoon before the event. The event went flawlessly and a good time was had by all.

The all-time record goes to a Comcast Call Center who hired me to perform mini-
Astrology readings for an employee appreciation event. Arrangements weren't finalized until 2 hours prior to my start-time.

I don't recommend cutting it that close.

Nonetheless, things happen and openings sometimes come up. And more importantly, part of our business is booking additional artists and readers for larger events. I frequently book other entertainers for dates for which I'm unavailable.

Nonetheless, I can't guarantee availability for parties and events with very short notice. There are dates where, for no discernible reason, it seems that the whole world is having parties. And when that happens, I will have to turn you down.

So for maximum choice and availability I encourage you to reserve as soon as you have finalized your decision to have entertainment at your event.

But if unusual circumstances cause your plans to come together at the last moment, give me a call.

Ellen Zucker
Faces & Fortunes
Face-and-Fortunes-Partytips.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home